Hatching eggs with antibiotics

That’s why I was thinking it looked more like unabsorbed yolk because it’s so luch. How is he?
It didn't make it😔 honestly because it was so much I didn't think it would. It made me sad but a little relieved at the same time that it's not in pain and it won't have a struggle in its adult life. Also I can't bring myself to cull a chicken even though I know sometimes it's the humane thing to do. I usually make my other half do it but idk how even he would handle having to do a chick. I've got another one that pipped so fingers crossed this one can make it. Do you think because of the meds the hen was on I'll have to help all of them? This chick did unzip itself through the membrane and hatch about 24 hrs after it pipped.

It didn't make it😔 honestly because it was so much I didn't think it would. It made me sad but a little relieved at the same time that it's not in pain and it won't have a struggle in its adult life. Also I can't bring myself to cull a chicken even though I know sometimes it's the humane thing to do. I usually make my other half do it but idk how even he would handle having to do a chick. I've got another one that pipped so fingers crossed this one can make it. Do you think because of the meds the hen was on I'll have to help all of them? This chick did unzip itself through the membrane and hatch about 24 hrs after it pipped.
Keep watching this one and again if it doesn’t make the progress like it should you’ll have to help this one as well. I would put your hen on probiotics that should help her produce good eggs

Keep watching this one and again if it doesn’t make the progress like it should you’ll have to help this one as well. I would put your hen on probiotics that should help her produce good eggs
I did mix some save a chick probiotic in their water as well. I always keep electrolytes in their bottle waterers and the ducks water bowls when I changed the water I put in both. I've also got some poultry booster in my feed which is a mix of chicken layer feed and duck food. I just checked this next egg that I noticed pipped when I helped the other one about 1030 yesterday morning. It looks like it's starting to move along.

I did mix some save a chick probiotic in their water as well. I always keep electrolytes in their bottle waterers and the ducks water bowls when I changed the water I put in both. I've also got some poultry booster in my feed which is a mix of chicken layer feed and duck food. I just checked this next egg that I noticed pipped when I helped the other one about 1030 yesterday morning. It looks like it's starting to move along.
That’s good! Maybe this one will hatch on his own but keep a close eye on it

I'm supposed to be out working with the horses but this has got my anxiety way up. I don't think it'll be long now though. Hopefully it gets out unscathed

Attachments

• 20220707_081552.jpg
    20220707_081552.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm supposed to be out working with the horses but this has got my anxiety way up. I don't think it'll be long now though. Hopefully it gets out unscathed
Aaaand we're all done!😅 everything looks to be in all the right spots this time

Attachments

• 20220707_082706.jpg
    20220707_082706.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220707_082730.jpg
    20220707_082730.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom