hatching eggs with broody hen that has scaley legs

aurimilky

Songster
6 Years
Aug 17, 2016
I have a white hen that has gone broody for last 2 to 3 days, so I think of get her some eggs to hatch out. She is my second broody hen the year, my first hen hatch out 6 chicks. My white hen has gray legs and has scaly legs, I've been using (net-tex scaley leg spray for poultry) to treatment her and I've just started to uses Epsom Salts in warm water, then rinse with dish soap. then dry and last covering whole both legs with Vaseline to help her. The video I watch a Youtube said to do this for 3 days for 1 a week for 3 weeks.

Would this effect my hatching eggs ?

Would scaley leg effect my hatching eggs ?

Apart from her food what should I feed her to get rid of the scaley legs ?

All eggs are LF chickens eggs.

Well I would think the scaled leg mites would go to the chicks but if their gone by the time they hatch it should be all right

I hoping the mites have need kill and its just her legs that are slow to heal. Been using net-tex scaley leg spray for many weeks now.

I had a Australorp who had scaly leg mites that would just not go away. She went broody and I let her sit on some eggs. As soon as she was done with the incubation and back off the nest, I dosed her with Ivermectin and withdrew the eggs for 2 weeks. Did the whole flock, actually. She's fine. Her having scaly legs under there didn't hurt the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom