1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ravenking, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ravenking

ravenking Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2017
    salisbury nc
    how many days can a fertilized egg go before you cant put it in a incubator to hatch

2. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Ill let you know :D ill tell you the hatch rate because i have 240 fertilized quail eggs that got put on my delay since i had to fix up my mold issue in my homemade incubator and it back ordered to 20 days ;D

3. ravenking

Feb 6, 2017
    salisbury nc
    please do let me know thanks

4. Roo411

Roo411 New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    Help.. i hav a hen who sits on d eggs a while and then gets up. A few days now. she is not commiting to the hatch. none of my hens are. There is nest boxes an everything. An they are laying. and they are a good breed for broodyness.

5. ravenking

Feb 6, 2017
    salisbury nc
    what kind are they

6. ravenking

Feb 6, 2017
    salisbury nc
    if you want them to stop the broodyness just keep taking the eggs out box

7. Roo411

Roo411 New Egg

Feb 11, 2017
    A family member of mines has d same kind of hens an they go broody all the time. But mines dont. i dont know exactly what kind of chicken it is. I want them to go broody. But they start an then stop an abandon the eggs. I dont kno why they are not committing to the hatch.

8. ravenking

Feb 6, 2017
    salisbury nc
    i have a hen that does that lol

9. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I have coturnix quail and just checked them and put them into my hatcher. I checked them with a flashlight and out of 235 at 20 days old only about 20 weren't good but the others looked promising ill let you know the hatch rate in 2-4 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by