hatching eggs

cluckykate114

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2023
I need advice ASAP! please!

So I ordered some hatching eggs that were supposed to arrive in the fall, but just got an email saying they would be arriving THIS saturday, August 12th!
I’m in the panhandle of TEXAS. so it’s hot hot here. between today and saturday the temps range from 98 - 104… is there any chance these eggs will be viable ?? should i put them straight in the incubator once they get here? should i candle as soon as i get them ?? let them rest before incubating them ?? Help me. please and thank you !

Last edited:
I would candle as soon as you recieve them. They may have started to develop in transit if it's that hot!

You would probably be best to get them straight into the incubator.

Someone who is used to those Temps would probably know better tho. Hopefully they chip in here.

I need advice ASAP! please!

So I ordered some hatching eggs that were supposed to arrive in the fall, but just got an email saying they would be arriving THIS saturday, August 12th!
I’m in the panhandle of TEXAS. so it’s hot hot here. between today and saturday the temps range from 98 - 104… is there any chance these eggs will be viable ?? should i put them straight in the incubator once they get here? should i candle as soon as i get them ?? let them rest before poaching them ?? Help me. please and thank you !
I have not ordered eggs in the heat but I know the heat im in Florida I would say put them straight into the incubator when they get there with the turner off for 24hrs.

I would candle as soon as you recieve them. They may have started to develop in transit if it's that hot!

You would probably be best to get them straight into the incubator.

Someone who is used to those Temps would probably know better tho. Hopefully they chip in here.
thank you, that’s kind of what i was thinking! i’m so worried about the eggs😩

If you can set them in the incubator standing up that would be the best. And just gently tilt them side to side for the first 2 days so the air cells stay in the right places
I’m not sure how I could stand them up in there.. I just have a Kebonnix 12 egg incubator.

how often should i tilt them ?

I’m not sure how I could stand them up in there.. I just have a Kebonnix 12 egg incubator.

how often should i tilt them ?
Some on here have used the bottom half of an egg carton and sat the eggs in them in the incubator.

I personally think that turning in the first week is the most critical.

If they have dodgy air cells I would carefully tilt them maybe twice a day for the first 2 or 3 days.

Again this is how I would deal with them and others would have different ideas/reasons. :D

Some on here have used the bottom half of an egg carton and sat the eggs in them in the incubator.

I personally think that turning in the first week is the most critical.

If they have dodgy air cells I would carefully tilt them maybe twice a day for the first 2 or 3 days.

Again this is how I would deal with them and others would have different ideas/reasons. :D
thank you s’much for the help/ advice. i really do appreciate it! I will try the cut up egg carton! and tilt them throughout the day!

Back
Top Bottom