Hatching Eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sgdorkings, Jun 4, 2008.

1. sgdorkings

sgdorkings New Egg

Jun 4, 2008
    /dev/null
    Hi,

Please forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find Silver Grey Dorking hatching eggs from non-Ideal Poultry stock?

BTW, nothing against Ideal, that's just where ourr current birds came from and we'd like to keep the gene pool diverse. [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I've been keeping my eyes open, too, but I haven't found any recently... the hens are all broody. Keep an eye on Eggbid.com, and Ovabid.com. If they're available, they'll likely be listed there. That's where I got mine. Unless you can find someone locally that has them and just hasn't advertised.
    As for chicks, everyone is pretty much done for the season except for MMH, and there you can only get males. The only reason I know is because I've been trying to get my stock this season, and I have only one silver grey that hatched last month so far. It's a female, so I ordered a couple of males from MMH, but Strombergs is done, Ideal is done (I'm on the waiting list for next year), and Sandhill is likely done - I know they are for the Reds. Zookeeper9000 found some eggs locally in MI, but now those hens are broody and not laying. Skennedy (here on BYC, too) has one hen that is laying so far. Hopefully there's someone else here that has some. Good luck~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by