hatching eggs

WELCOME
welcome-byc.gif
Thank you, Sharon
lol.png

Hi Amalia,

Welcome to BYC. You have some of the most beautiful Easter Eggers I have seen on here. I really like the one in the last picture.

Amalia, Welcome to BYC! Jean is correct, your birds are not ameraucana. The proper and most honest thing to do would be to not advertise them as ameraucana. Your Easter Eggers are some of the prettiest birds that I have ever seen!!!
smile.png

I am posting a few pictures of my Easter Eggers and you can see that you and I have almost identical birds! I got my stock from Barbara Bell of North Carolina.

I don't think it's wrong of her to say that they're not EEs, honestly. Unless Lavenders are EEs too.

They don't seem to have very green shanks, the egg color is obviously gorgeously consistent, and they are abundantly purebred looking and consistent in type. Not mixes. If they were wheaten you'd never give it a second glance except to say that they look fantastically cared for. The plumage color is the only thing you're objecting to. Let her call them non-standard colors or project colors or Buff Quechuamericanas or Whoop de doodles or Santa Claus, but she shouldn't be asked to say that they're not purebred.

Easter Eggers are called that because they lay a VARIETY of colors, blue and green and brown and white. They vary wildly in type and you can have half-cochin ones and naked neck ones and you name it. When someone has a flock down to this level of consistency, it's REALLY pressing the issue to insist that they're EEs. Unless, of course, Lav Ams are EEs and buff Am projects are EEs and so on.

I don't think it's wrong of her to say that they're not EEs, honestly. Unless Lavenders are EEs too. 

They don't seem to have very green shanks, the egg color is obviously gorgeously consistent, and they are abundantly purebred looking and consistent in type. Not mixes. If they were wheaten you'd never give it a second glance except to say that they look fantastically cared for. The plumage color is the only thing you're objecting to. Let her call them non-standard colors or project colors or Buff Quechuamericanas or Whoop de doodles or Santa Claus, but she shouldn't be asked to say that they're not purebred.

Easter Eggers are called that because they lay a VARIETY of colors, blue and green and brown and white. They vary wildly in type and you can have half-cochin ones and naked neck ones and you name it. When someone has a flock down to this level of consistency, it's REALLY pressing the issue to insist that they're EEs. Unless, of course, Lav Ams are EEs and buff Am projects are EEs and so on. 

You are obviously misinformed. Lavender Ameraucanas are in fact a project that people are breeding to get recognition for showing standards. This does not make them Easter eggers. These birds are clearly not bred for show standards and are not pure bred. Consistency in type is not the only condition, neither is blue legs. These birds are bred for nothing more than a backyard flock like an Easter Egger.

Yes they are beautiful but falsely advertised.

You are obviously misinformed. Lavender Ameraucanas are in fact a project that people are breeding to get recognition for showing standards. This does not make them Easter eggers. These birds are clearly not bred for show standards and are not pure bred. Consistency in type is not the only condition, neither is blue legs. These birds are bred for nothing more than a backyard flock like an Easter Egger.
Yes they are beautiful but falsely advertised.

I own very nicely bred Lavender Ameraucanas. I don't show them and don't ever intend to show them. They are intended for nothing more than a backyard flock. Are they EEs?

Consistency in type is pretty much the ONLY condition for calling a chicken purebred. There's no such thing as registration, very few keep pedigrees, and you can create purebreds by mixing other breeds together (a great example is the new project color Brahmas, which typically start out with three or four non-Brahma breeds and only get a Brahma infusion in the last few generations). As soon as it's consistent in type and producing consistently, it's purebred.

By all qualifications but plumage color, the birds advertised here check every "purebred" box. That's why I said it was wrong to insist that she call them mixes. She could call them non-standard colors or project colors or she could make up a name for them as so many have done in the past. But they're no more mixes than my Serama (no color standard) are, or than my Lavender Ameraucanas with gold leakage are.

Back
Top Bottom