hatching eggs

cannoncoop

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 3, 2012
Two questions:
Opinions on best cabinet style incubators?
Does anyone know if Millie fleur d'uccles hatch their own eggs well?

I'm kinda partial to the Sportsman cabinet incubators myself.
Also, my Millie Fleur d'uccles are my BEST broody mamas (and I raise Silkies so that's saying a lot)!
They hatch all of my guinea eggs as well as any other egg I put underneath them.
They are awesome moms and take care of the babies even after the babies are twice their size.

smile.png

Cannoncoop-You should check out the incubator page under the Coop tab. Tons of great ideas on building your own and much cheaper than purchasing one. It is not that difficult to do and not very time intensive. Below is a pic of my wine fridge incubator and I have had great success with it so far and plan on doing alot of eggs this year for others as well as my own Serama and Silkie eggs.

My Millie had laid 10 eggs over a period of 10 days. She never went broody. I finally took the eggs out today to incubate since I was afraid of losing them. Is that normal? I've heard they aren't successful hatching a lot because of their size?
:)

23k96hl.jpg
to BYC
They can hatch a lot. My girls went broody together and hatch out 15 together. Size makes no difference. If they are broody, they will lay than hatch them.

Back
Top Bottom