Hatching gamebirds....

littlecreekfarm

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Virginia
Alright so I have 9 coturnix quail eggs and 9 ringneck pheasant eggs to go in the incubator. I only have one incubator and I'm not sure if it's okay to have them in the same with the humidity and all. I found on the internet that coturnix is 45%-50% humidity and 53% for pheasants, and for lock down it says 65%-70% for lockdown for quail, and 75%-76% for pheasants lockdown. I know it takes quail 17days to incubate and pheasants 24 days, will the difference in humidity for lockdown on the quail effect the pheasant eggs? Are those the right temps and humidity? Any help with be appreciated.

-Erin

I don't hatch either of those, but I have a friend that hatches her pheasants right in with her chickens, and doesn't change the humidity because her cabinet is always going and she just adds daily...

I do hatch button quail, and they hatch fine at 50% humidity with 70% at lockdown. I hatch peafowl at 55% and 75% respectively.

As for the humidity difference, it shouldn't make too big of a problem, as long as you keep air flow in the incubator. If the humidity is lower for the quail in the beginning, the higher humidity for them at the end should "even out" the pheasants.

Back
Top Bottom