Hatching goslings

luckyweisser69

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
I just started hatching my goslings yesterday such an amazing experience but two of the 3 that hatched had what looked like a belly rupture is this normal what is it exactly or is it how they absorb the yoke to survive please help me out

If what you are talking about is from the butt area then they did not absorbe all the goodies from the egg while developing. If the goslings seem OK then it should be OK. If the remaining yolk sac is hanging off gently wipe the remainder away after a couple of days. Don't worry too much unless you notice them being lethargic and not very mobile. If they are walking around and drinking and eating normally you should be OK. Sometimes it can be nerve racking to see the remaining yolk sac but if they are mobile and eating you can be a proud gosling owner. Hope this eases the anxiety a bit. Steve

Gosling are doin good sack is startimg to absorb ... Not such good luck last night had two hatching and we lost them before they completely hatched

Gosling are doin good sack is startimg to absorb ... Not such good luck last night had two hatching and we lost them before they completely hatched
Glad to hear they are doing good and so sorry for losing the 2 last night,.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom