Hatching guineas

Klowdy

In the Brooder
Jan 11, 2023
So I have two broody guinea hens nesting in the same box together. Yesterday I seen two keets under them. Can I let them try and mother, or should I take them? I also have 8 incubated keets they started eating and drinking almost instantly when removed from incubator, so the two keets with the hens how do they eat and drink? First time having Guinea's so I am a little confused. Lol

Are they confined to a coop and run? They will likely raise the babies just fine. It's when they're free ranging that the mothers go traipsing off and the poor babies get chilled that it's a problem.

You will need to provide a chick sized waterer and feeder for the keets, as well. Gamebird starter feed.

Are they confined to a coop and run? They will likely raise the babies just fine. It's when they're free ranging that the mothers go traipsing off and the poor babies get chilled that it's a problem.
They can come and go as they please. They have a fenced in area around the coop, but they have just chosen to stay in there.

Back
Top Bottom