Hatching Help Brinsea Mini

JSpo79

Hatching
Apr 29, 2024
Hi everyone! This is my second year hatching eggs in my elementary science classroom. Amid all the end of the year stress, I forgot to remove the "egg stabilizer" from the incubator before lock down. I've got 2 eggs that have pipped (day 22) and the other 5 I don't see anything. They all had good air sacs and development on day 18 when I last candled. It was really difficult do see anything other than shadows this year as the shells are so dark. Last year I could see movement and limbs even. My question is should I quickly open the incubator and remove the stabilizer? I'm very concerned if they try to pip facing down or if they can't move around too much. Please help! I don't want the kids to be disappointed!

The "egg stabilizer/turner" in the Brinsea Mini is a thin piece of plastic at the floor of the incubator, correct? Like this here:
1714406662028.png

If that's the case, I wouldn't bother removing it from the incubator, especially if you already have pips. (this is, of course, so long as the turner is off. If the turner is on and actively turning eggs through the day, that needs to be shut off, which can be done in the incubator's settings and does not require opening it) That thin piece of plastic should not obstruct the chicks' ability to unzip and hatch.
I hope you have a successful hatch for your students!

The "egg stabilizer/turner" in the Brinsea Mini is a thin piece of plastic at the floor of the incubator, correct? Like this here: View attachment 3815778

If that's the case, I wouldn't bother removing it from the incubator, especially if you already have pips. (this is, of course, so long as the turner is off. If the turner is on and actively turning eggs through the day, that needs to be shut off, which can be done in the incubator's settings and does not require opening it) That thin piece of plastic should not obstruct the chicks' ability to unzip and hatch.
I hope you have a successful hatch for your students!
Thank you for your response! Praying!

Back
Top Bottom