Hatching help!!

Lhoward42

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
I am on my 3rd hatch in a Nurture 360 Incubator and I’m struggling with less than a 50% hatch rate. I had some issues with my first hatch and thought I had fixed it. Most of the eggs that don’t make it are stopping between 7 and 10 day mark. I bought a hygrometer because I know incubators can be off on their readings. I have been keeping my humidity between 35 and 45% until lockdown and temp at 99.5. My daughter has bantam eggs that we have put in and they are not making it. Out of probably a dozen bantams we’ve attempted over 2 hatches and she’s only gotten three live babies. We aren’t over handling them only checking at days 3, 10 and 18. We have used our own fertile eggs, ones given to us that are tried and true for fertility and we have bought fertile pure high quality breeds. There are a couple of times there have been humidity drops in the middle of the night but only down maybe 10%. Please help me figure out what’s going on. I know there is a bit of trial and error but this seems excessive.

I am on my 3rd hatch in a Nurture 360 Incubator and I’m struggling with less than a 50% hatch rate. I had some issues with my first hatch and thought I had fixed it. Most of the eggs that don’t make it are stopping between 7 and 10 day mark. I bought a hygrometer because I know incubators can be off on their readings. I have been keeping my humidity between 35 and 45% until lockdown and temp at 99.5. My daughter has bantam eggs that we have put in and they are not making it. Out of probably a dozen bantams we’ve attempted over 2 hatches and she’s only gotten three live babies. We aren’t over handling them only checking at days 3, 10 and 18. We have used our own fertile eggs, ones given to us that are tried and true for fertility and we have bought fertile pure high quality breeds. There are a couple of times there have been humidity drops in the middle of the night but only down maybe 10%. Please help me figure out what’s going on. I know there is a bit of trial and error but this seems excessive.
tell me your temperature readings

moreover do you turn the eggs three times a day. If not then thats a potential huge problem. without that you embryo sticks to membrane and dies

:eek: There is your problem you have to keep the humidity at around 55-65 the eggsare getting to dry
I have a friend that lives in the same area and she said that she drowns hers if she keeps it that high. I’m not sure if the climate has anything to do with it. We are in Georgia where it’s super humid even in the winter.

I'd be more suspicious of the temperature than the humidity - the humidity in mine can drop to 20% or less overnight (while dry hatching at around 30%) at times and it doesn't seem to adversely impact the eggs. Do you have a separate thermometer, too?
The hygrometer has a thermometer as well

Back
Top Bottom