Hatching help!!

Hmmm...are you thoroughly sanitizing the incubator between hatches? Do you wash the eggs prior to putting them in (you generally shouldn't)? Is the turner working as it should? I had an incubator that was giving me terrible hatches all of a sudden and it turned out the turner had gone rogue and would periodically get stuck turning them back and forth for over an hour until I finally caught it in the act.
Yes thoroughly cleaning incubator turning on 24 hours in advance before eggs are in. No I don’t wash eggs. Yes the turner is working,I check periodically and catch it usually atleast once a day.

If the dips weren't long this shouldn't really matter. That's not generally low enough to cause issues. Where do you measure the temp from with your external thermometer?
I have a Govee hygrometer/ thermometer in the incubator that is connected to Bluetooth that sends its to my phone!

I have a Govee hygrometer/ thermometer in the incubator that is connected to Bluetooth that sends its to my phone!

Where is the Govee positioned? Where you'd sit one of the eggs, or near where the top of an egg would be? Because you want to measure from the top of the egg, otherwise you might end up with too high of a temperature, and high temps are more likely to lead to embryo demise than low ones (low ones typically cause defects/uneven development as opposed to death).

:eek: There is your problem you have to keep the humidity at around 55-65 the eggsare getting to dry
Im not sure if someone's already replied to this, but no. This is very likely not the problem. You do not have to keep the humidity at this level. In fact, theres not to much evidence that high humidity incubations are a whole lot more successful than dry incubation. Alot of people have the same success with dry hatches with relatively low humidity. My humidity rarely gets over 35%, depending on weather. Humidity is mainly the most important during lockdown.

lhoward,I would suggest yoou make a homemade incubator with your own wc102 temp controller.you manually turn eggs three times a day.yoour box would be plain cardboard.you might experience late hatch but my hatches were 5 out of 5.lost humidity in lockdown and i had cool and hot spots but all as fine

Where is the Govee positioned? Where you'd sit one of the eggs, or near where the top of an egg would be? Because you want to measure from the top of the egg, otherwise you might end up with too high of a temperature, and high temps are more likely to lead to embryo demise than low ones (low ones typically cause defects/uneven development as opposed to death).
It’s in the center on about 2/3rds to the top of the egg maybe not completely to the top

Back
Top Bottom