Hatching help!!

honestly, i think your temperature is just to low. 99.5 degrees farenheit is the minimum temperature an embryo can successfully develop at. And thats internal temperature of the egg, not the ambient temperature. If the ambient temperature was only 98-99.5, chances are the internal temperature was probably a tad lower. I have found that 100.5 egg level temperature is a happy medium for my high hatch rate.

honestly, i think your temperature is just to low. 99.5 degrees farenheit is the minimum temperature an embryo can successfully develop at. And thats internal temperature of the egg, not the ambient temperature. If the ambient temperature was only 98-99.5, chances are the internal temperature was probably a tad lower. I have found that 100.5 egg level temperature is a happy medium for my high hatch rate.
yup

That's not true according to studies on the matter. 95 degrees and under is where things start to get dicey, if I remember correctly. I'm not saying to shoot for a lower temp, but I don't think that dipping down occasionally to 98.5 is going to significantly impact a hatch, or running at 99.5.

That's not true according to studies on the matter. 95 degrees and under is where things start to get dicey, if I remember correctly. I'm not saying to shoot for a lower temp, but I don't think that dipping down occasionally to 98.5 is going to significantly impact a hatch, or running at 99.5.
Im not talking about the short term dips, but even with a consistent 99.5 ambient temperature, odds are is its a tad cooler inside the egg. If 99.5 is the lowest end of the development stage, and it becomes iffy and dicey, its safer and best to have a higher temp.

Studies and seasoned high rate hatching experience are two different things.

You are correct. One is well documented and rigorous, and the other is anecdotal (ie personal and tied to the individual).

ETA: I'm not trying to discount your experience. But to say that people can't have successful hatches unless they do it exactly as you say is disingenuous at best.

Back
Top Bottom