Hatching humidity and Temp?

Attackdog4

In the Brooder
May 12, 2019
Hi i lost mr instructions and forgot how to work a few stuff on my incubator especially the humidity and temp to have it at t would be nice If someone could help me out it’s a 48 egg CE Abron Exports

I'm afraid I don't know how to set the temperature and humidity on that particular incubator but if you are wanting to know about what temperature and humidity you should aim for I can help with that. I would highly recommend getting a reliable thermometer and hygrometer (or even a couple) to make sure the temperature your incubator readout says is correct (there are a lot of incubators that have incorrect temperature and humidity readings unfortunately).

Your incubator is a circulated air incubator correct? As far as temperature is concerned you want to aim for 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit in circulated air incubators, I find between 99.5 and 100 degrees to be a good range. If the temperature gets above 102 for an extended period of time it can be lethal, temperatures lower than 98 aren't great but won't be lethal as quickly as too high temps. Having your temps on the high or low side can cause chicks to hatch early or late, both of which can cause issues.

As far as humidity goes what works for some doesn't always work for others, where you live can really affect what humidity you need. I live in humid Tennessee and I find a humidity in between 20-40% best for the first 18 days and then 65-75% on day 18 through to hatch (if you don't open your incubator at all during lockdown you might be ok with 55-65% after day 18, I keep mine a little higher in case I need to help a chick that is having issues hatching). Unless you are in a very humid area aiming for around 40% humidity for the first 18 days might be a good place to start, and then you can weigh your eggs (I don't have experience with that) or watch your air cells to see if your humidity is running too high or low (I'd check on day 7, 14, and 18 for sure and adjust as needed).

If you do find your instructions they usually list the correct temperature but be wary about the suggested humidity. I've found a decent amount of incubator instructions list a suggested humidity that in a lot of areas is too high and would cause the air cells to not grow enough increasing the chance of chicks dying at lockdown.

Good luck incubating/hatching! :)

Oh and here is a diagram I found of about how your air cells should look on days 7, 14, and 18. I've found a little larger is safer than a little smaller in my own incubation and hatching attempts.

700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom