Hatching khaki campbell duck eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bryan8, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york
    Well I'm getting 30+ khaki campbell duck eggs.

I have a lg still air bator with a turner. I've failed on my other 2 chicken hatches, so I thought i would give ducks a try.

What humidys should I be at? What temps? How long? When do I stop turning?

And will over 30 duck eggs fit in the bator?

~Bryan

2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Don't know about ducks, Bryan...hopefully someone will come along soon to answer your questions.

Good luck!! [​IMG]

3. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Wow, 30 eggs is alot! we had 16 in the LG still air , but plenty of room for 16. 28 days to hatch. We turned or I should say my DS turned twice a day for 25 days. Temp is the same as for chickens. Keep it about 99.5 and humidity is higher for ducks. about 55-65% then bump it up when you stop turning. To be honest we had the paper thermometer only in the bator when we started, but changed to a digital thermometer/hygrometer half way through. I was sure those eggs were doomed. We didn't think we get many, only hoped for 4 or so. It was our first time incubating. 100% hatch rate and we did everything they said not to. Open the bator during hatching, etc. Good luck!

BTW: Not sure you are supposed to put duck eggs in a turner. I think because of size.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york
    They said they are the same size as large chicken eggs.

They won't fit?

5. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    I put duck eggs in my LG turner without a problem, and hatched them out, a long while ago.

6. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Quote:Well, just goes to show you can't believe everything you read. Anyway, good luck with your hatch. Keep us posted how things progress.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by