Hatching khaki campbell duck eggs

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Well I'm getting 30+ khaki campbell duck eggs.

I have a lg still air bator with a turner. I've failed on my other 2 chicken hatches, so I thought i would give ducks a try.

What humidys should I be at? What temps? How long? When do I stop turning?

And will over 30 duck eggs fit in the bator?

~Bryan

Don't know about ducks, Bryan...hopefully someone will come along soon to answer your questions.

Good luck!!
big_smile.png

Wow, 30 eggs is alot! we had 16 in the LG still air , but plenty of room for 16. 28 days to hatch. We turned or I should say my DS turned twice a day for 25 days. Temp is the same as for chickens. Keep it about 99.5 and humidity is higher for ducks. about 55-65% then bump it up when you stop turning. To be honest we had the paper thermometer only in the bator when we started, but changed to a digital thermometer/hygrometer half way through. I was sure those eggs were doomed. We didn't think we get many, only hoped for 4 or so. It was our first time incubating. 100% hatch rate and we did everything they said not to. Open the bator during hatching, etc. Good luck!

BTW: Not sure you are supposed to put duck eggs in a turner. I think because of size.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, just goes to show you can't believe everything you read. Anyway, good luck with your hatch. Keep us posted how things progress.

Well I'm getting 30+ khaki campbell duck eggs.

I have a lg still air bator with a turner. I've failed on my other 2 chicken hatches, so I thought i would give ducks a try.

What humidys should I be at? What temps? How long? When do I stop turning?

And will over 30 duck eggs fit in the bator?

~Bryan

Hope you have a good hatch. I am setting 23 Welsh Harlequin eggs plus 7 Cayuga/ Rouen cross eggs.

Back
Top Bottom