Hatching mail-order guinea eggs with duck eggs

nissa_loves_cats

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
Daggett, upper Michigan
I've just ordered some mail-order guinea eggs from an eBay seller. They will be going into my good incubator (a Brinsea octogon Eco). They won't fill it, and I was wondering if I should add some Ancona duck eggs to the incubator to fill it out. Has anyone incubated guinea and duck eggs together? (I've done chicken and duck eggs, with a few goose eggs as well, in my old Little Giant incubators).

Or would it be better to hatch the guineas with chicken eggs--- or on their own?

I'm doing Muscovy and guinea right now. The difference in humidity might be a problem so I'm going to move the duck eggs to a hatcher when they get close to hatching. So far the duck eggs are doing great - they were shipped- and it's too early to tell on the guineas - they came from my hens. Hoping it will work!

The guinea eggs arrived yesterday, I got 18 (ordered 12-plus-extras, 'lv2winn' was very generous). I will be putting duck eggs in with them.

I have 2 older incubators I don't use much, am thinking of using them as hatchers to keep my good incubators cleaner. I just have to figure out where to plug the darn things in! Anyway, since I have 2 I keep the ducks and guineas separate for hatching.

Back
Top Bottom