Hatching nervousness

Feb 17, 2021
Okay, so today is hatch day and i've had multiple eggs rock and one even has a small crack on it from the embryo. BUT SOOO NERVOUS!! I have never hatched before and i have seen many people say things like how to intervene - but how do i do that? And when should I? Also, how do I know when they will hatch after a small 'pip'? And how long will they hatch after rocking? Sorry, TOO MANY questions, nervous chicken mama here, and i'm trying to do the imprinting process with them - don't do it? do it? PLEASE send helpful tips!!

yeah its normal to be nervous and our instinct is to want to do something but the best thing you can do is nothing, even if you feel like you should.
From pip it should take up to 12 hours to zip and hatch. If that hasn't happened then you start worrying and not before that.
You might think to check on the eggs, don't. Just maintain temperature and humidity over 60%

If any egg has not made it after 24 hours then you should assist and that just involves peeling off the shell from the big end. Then wet the outer membrane with warm water and gently peel it to one side. If it looks completely dry in the egg you can dribble a few drops of water in there to rewet the chick as it might have gotten dried and stuck to the shell. Water will loosen him up, let him try to finish hatching by himself, just remove his obstacle.

Good advice! Do resist the temptation to open that incubator. It's a mistake most of us do when we first start incubating.

Back
Top Bottom