Hatching oxygen

enriquec

Songster
5 Years
Aug 20, 2014
North Florida
The little guys began incubating Thursday 8/14 at noon, so this Thursday should be their first/zero birthday!

They're in an incubator that looks very much like this

I'm about to take the egg turner out and I'm thinking of putting a layer of bedding for them. The two concerns I have are, will they have enough air/oxygen? There's 23 of them and I figure they'll be "huffing and puffing" with all that hard hatching work. And the 2nd concern, they wouldn't be able to reach and accidentally hurt themselves on the heating coil right? I figure if they can, they wouldn't be dumb enough to actually hurt themselves right?

I might be overly concerned for no reason. Such a small space with so little airflow for so many ducklings just seems bad.

The little guys began incubating Thursday 8/14 at noon, so this Thursday should be their first/zero birthday!

They're in an incubator that looks very much like this

I'm about to take the egg turner out and I'm thinking of putting a layer of bedding for them. The two concerns I have are, will they have enough air/oxygen? There's 23 of them and I figure they'll be "huffing and puffing" with all that hard hatching work. And the 2nd concern, they wouldn't be able to reach and accidentally hurt themselves on the heating coil right? I figure if they can, they wouldn't be dumb enough to actually hurt themselves right?

I might be overly concerned for no reason. Such a small space with so little airflow for so many ducklings just seems bad.
I know nothing about hatching in a bator I let my Scovy's do it but we have a very experienced hacher on here her name is Lacrystol if you PM her I'm sure she could give you info.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom