Hatching past 21 days?

I would do as Fields Mountain suggested, candle them, I just did my first hatch (they are all mutts..lol) day 21 was Nov. 21st, they started hatching on the 19th, I got 2 the 19th, 2 the 20th and the final 2 out of 6 on the 21st. I've read you shouldn't let them go past day 25 if that far as you run the risk of a exploding rotten egg.

I would do as Fields Mountain suggested, candle them, I just did my first hatch (they are all mutts..lol) day 21 was Nov. 21st, they started hatching on the 19th, I got 2 the 19th, 2 the 20th and the final 2 out of 6 on the 21st. I've read you shouldn't let them go past day 25 if that far as you run the risk of a exploding rotten egg.
Congrats on your hatch! That's awesome!

Well looking closer at eggs with the light, I don’t think the others would hatch, I pulled the plug. What is the average hatch rate with incubators? Ive only done it a few times and hatch rate was about 50-60 percent. Next time i might wait for a brewding hen.

Thanks for all you reply’s.

Oh Im sorry..:(
Hatch rates vary widely.. Ive had 0 to 100% and everything in between in the 10 years Ive been hatching. 50 to 60% isnt bad tho.. And while a broody is usually much better at it they aren't full proof..
I wish you better luck in the future at any rate! :fl

Back
Top Bottom