Hatching problem

Diwinoo

In the Brooder
May 10, 2023
Hi! I have a question, so my Wyandotte eggs hatched today, and i have a more serious problem with 1. So my hen is not big enough to incubate all my eggs so i incubated some in the bator, and give her the babies later. When i went to put 2 babies under her i saw 1 that has pipped a "window". There was just a circel at his face, and he was full of blood on the beak, probably the hen stepped on it. I took it out, let it 10 more hours, he dried up a bit, than i slowly started to peel away the shell and i removed *only the dried membrane, no blood vessels*. I dont have pictures but now he is in a half shell, imagine a standing egg on its air cell split in 2 by the middle from the top. I let him dry further but the thing is, he is moving his beak, he tries to wiggle around, but he is not that vocal, nor does he open his eyes. Maybe it's too late for him?

Can you go out and take a few clear pictures of this one real quick?

Can you go out and take a few clear pictures of this one real quick?
I cant right now, but to give you an idee, he is like in this duck picture, with the exception that there is no blood, and he is still in his shell fully, in the sense that he doesnt move his head out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 2
I cant right now, but to give you an idee, he is like in this duck picture, with the exception that there is no blood, and he is still in his shell fully, in the sense that he doesnt move his head out
Unfortunately this picture doesn't help.
I can wait for you to go get one.

Unfortunately this picture doesn't help.
I can wait for you to go get one.
I hatched him manually, the poor guy even had poo in his shell. now he is stuck in his egg position, he is moving his feet, eyes open but the neck is still stiff i would say, in the same postion, i will let him under the bator for some hours maybe he finds his footing, i hatched him 24 hours after the pip

Just a quick update, the chick made it. I used some vitamin water, some cucumber water, he straightned out, but he was still mellow, still sleeping all day, so i thought he needs his moma, put him under the broody, today i went he was running all over the place

Just a quick update, the chick made it. I used some vitamin water, some cucumber water, he straightned out, but he was still mellow, still sleeping all day, so i thought he needs his moma, put him under the broody, today i went he was running all over the place
That's great! I'm so glad for you!

Back
Top Bottom