Hatching Q on mailed eggs - Ayam Cemani

So sorry for a mother let down for you! Possibly could have froze our temps here are horrible I just had to break down and turn the coop heat on as my roo started bleeding from his comb again
sad.png
I have heated the past 2 winters but decided not to after everyone had scared me with what happens if the power goes down (ie the Nov storm here in buffalo) then they will all die. Well I can't make them go through frost bite so the heat went on & if we lose power I will have 20 chickens in the house with our generator.

Poor roo! =( I hope he makes a strong recovery! I would have to do the same thing, too. Bring 'em all in to my garage with a bunch of heat lamps! ...I'm sure there would be a ton of poo to clean-up after the freeze, but I'd have my chickens! Those temperatures sound rough! Does it regularly get that cold where you are???

Yes I'm in northern Pennsylvania, the lst shipment took 5 days instead of the usual 2

When I got my eggs from California, the shipper double boxed and put a heat pack on top on the inner box. I had a great hatch rate with those. I don't knowifthe heat pack made a difference, but two other sets of eggs I got about the same time had none develop.

I raise Ayam Cemani, which I sale here and mail to their new owners via USPS... I mail them when they are around 6 weeks old....

Due to the recent avian flu problem, Do you guys know of any mailing restrictions coming out soon?

Btw: I live near Raleigh NC

We run a small operation here. And we are close to starting a big hatch and I do not want to be stuck feeding a huge flock, because I can't mail them to their new homes.

This year's 1st test SAMPLE hatch of our 3rd generation, genetic mix of 4 major American lines of all pure blood cemani...

Last year's "2nd gens" 3 way cross.

Last edited:
I also raise Cemani. I don't sell eggs because if they are crop outs, people think you sold them mix breeds. My crop outs always look like the ones in the hand in previous posts. I usually sell them as a hybrid at a poultry sale even though they are pure.

I raise Ayam Cemani, which I sale here and mail to their new owners via USPS... I mail them when they are around 6 weeks old....

Due to the recent avian flu problem, Do you guys know of any mailing restrictions coming out soon?

Btw: I live near Raleigh NC

We run a small operation here. And we are close to starting a big hatch and I do not want to be stuck feeding a huge flock, because I can't mail them to their new homes.

This year's 1st test SAMPLE hatch of our 3rd generation, genetic mix of 4 major American lines of all pure blood cemani...

Last year's "2nd gens" 3 way cross.
I'm in Charleston, SC area and am interested in your chicks. I PM'd you earlier. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom