Hatching quail eggs from an Asian supermarket?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
If I want to hatch quail eggs from an Asian supermarket store, will they hatch even though they are frigerated in cold temperatures?

I have some questions.

1) Since the quail eggs were refrigerated at the supermarket, I would need them to warm to room temperature before incubating them, right?

2) How old can the quail eggs be or otherwise they wont hatch anymore? I'll try to select the newest eggs if possible.

3) How often do I add water to the incubator?

I have some questions.

1) Since the quail eggs were refrigerated at the supermarket, I would need them to warm to room temperature before incubating them, right?

2) How old can the quail eggs be or otherwise they wont hatch anymore? I'll try to select the newest eggs if possible.

3) How often do I add water to the incubator?
Do you know what type of quail eggs? Without knowing the breed you won't know the correct incubation period etc.

I've tried hatching refrigerated quail eggs, and though half developed, all but one died by day 10. One was fully developed at lockdown but didn't hatch.
I wouldn't reccomend it. It may seem like a "fun experiment" but it usually ends badly and isn't worth it. I'd suggest looking for proper hatching eggs, preferably less than a week old and not refrigerated for the best viability.

Back
Top Bottom