hatching quail eggs under pigeons?

dialiciousdia

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
hi im new to this website. i currently have 4 quail.1 male and 3 females. i want to haych eggs but dont have an incubator but i do have racing pigeons and was wondering if that would work? anyone else have any similar experiences? thanks xox

welcome-byc.gif

What quail do you have?
Last year with our coturnix quail eggs, since we had so many, we set them under racing pigeons. They hatched perfectly fine but we just had to take the baby quail away as soon as they hatched.

Yeah so you should be fine.
I was not sure how it would work but since I had the eggs and pigeons I decided it would be fun to try, and I worked great. I hope you will have good results too!

Youll have to take them straight away cause pigeon blow air for the first two days in baby pigeon and baby quail start jumping straight away olol
That's actually how the pigeons feed their babies, lol
I put some bantam eggs under a pigeon and they didn't hatch because the pen got messed up in a bad wind storm and a cat chased the parents off and the eggs died, but one was developed and about at the hatching stage, the other wasn't fertile. So it should work fine, especially with coturnix eggs since they hatch at the same time as pigeon eggs and are small so you might be able to get more than just two eggs under them.
Actually, pigeons only set on two eggs at a time, do you think they would tolerate more?

Back
Top Bottom