Hatching quail

Aidan95

Hatching
Aug 24, 2023
Hi guys. So I have recently got back into having quail because I believe I have found an opening in the market for meat and eggs in my area (Northern Ireland). I bought some pol birds last week and decided to buy a relatively cheap incubator of Amazon. I know this probably wasn't the best idea but I haven't much to spend right now. Anyway the incubator only comes with temperature control and not a humidity one. I bought a small humidity reader for inside the incubator and I haven't been able to get it down below 60% for more than an hour. Any suggestions on how I could manage this please? Thanks for taking the time to read 😊

Ok thanks that helps a lot. So it says wet sponge is what’s used for humidity is that correct? If so is there any way to use less water? If you use no water what is the humidity at?
Haven't tried it without any water yet. I know this might sound stupid but I know increasing airflow is supposed to help so would drilling a hole work that I can manage??

Haven't tried it without any water yet. I know this might sound stupid but I know increasing airflow is supposed to help so would drilling a hole work that I can manage??
I don’t know about drilling a hole I have never done it and I would say no because then at lockdown you wouldn’t be able to get the humidity up there should already be a vent hole in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom