Hatching Refridgerated eggs??

chickenshiha

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
palestine
So i my hen went broody yesterday and i put fake eggs, i collected the eggs 2 days ago (15 eggs) , i need eggs to hatch as my hens dont lay much (idk why) can cold eggs be hatched??

It has been known to be successful in the past. I'd bring them to room temperature and then give it a go - you've nothing to lose

As long as they were not frozen the eggs are still viable. People hatch refrigerated eggs all the time. There is even a thread here for Trader Joe fertile egg incubating.

So i my hen went broody yesterday and i put fake eggs, i collected the eggs 2 days ago (15 eggs) , i need eggs to hatch as my hens dont lay much (idk why) can cold eggs be hatched??

I just had a broody hatch out a couple of eggs that had been refrigerated, and others have posted that they have, too.

What kind of hen is she? If she's a large fowl you can put more under her, obviously, than a bantam breed, but I don't know that I'd put all 15 under her. If there are too many, she won't be able to cover them all and you'll have a poor hatch.

How many chickens do you have? Do they free range? If so, they could have hidden nests. How many roosters do you have? Too many could be causing stress that would affect laying. Can you tell us a little more about your setup?

I just had a broody hatch out a couple of eggs that had been refrigerated, and others have posted that they have, too.

What kind of hen is she? If she's a large fowl you can put more under her, obviously, than a bantam breed, but I don't know that I'd put all 15 under her. If there are too many, she won't be able to cover them all and you'll have a poor hatch.

How many chickens do you have? Do they free range? If so, they could have hidden nests. How many roosters do you have? Too many could be causing stress that would affect laying. Can you tell us a little more about your setup?
Thanks i saw your thread last night which gave me hope

I will update in 5 days. The eggs have warmed a bit and i just put 10 refrigerator eggs and 3 fresh eggs. This will be interesting...

So today i went to candle them but my broody has been pooping on the eggs since day 4 i do clean them but today she broke an egg and the box is a mess so is she. I took her out and shes still puffed and broody noises i threw her eggs to only 3 with viens and some dead and some red circles. Can someone help. I wanna try again. She also wont get up and eat.

So today i went to candle them but my broody has been pooping on the eggs since day 4 i do clean them but today she broke an egg and the box is a mess so is she. I took her out and shes still puffed and broody noises i threw her eggs to only 3 with viens and some dead and some red circles. Can someone help. I wanna try again. She also wont get up and eat.
Are you feeding her on or near the nest? That would be why she's pooping in the nest. If you're not watching her every minute, she may be sneaking out for food and water when you're not looking, and if you are watching her every minute, that could be why she's not leaving the nest. Broodies like to think they're secretive when they're setting. Personally, I don't mess with my broodies. I figure they know far more about being chickens than I do.

Back
Top Bottom