hatching seramas! (hey SnM!) (UPDATE PIC HEAVY!)

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
we've got (more) serama chickies!
i know j. at SnM poultry is gunna be eggsited because half of them are his.
so j. - right now you've got six dry and fluffy babies resting in the brooder and three more hatching in the bator plus a few more eggs that may pip!
i will post pics tomorrow. i'm still trying to get my computer working right.

yea chickies!
jumpy.gif

here are pics of SnMs new serama babies hatched out in my r-com (frank's eggs).
there are a total of nine little fuzz butts - yea!

P3140243.jpg

P3140244.jpg

P3140280.jpg

P3130230.jpg

P3130228.jpg

P3130223.jpg

P3130221.jpg

P3130217.jpg

and here is a pic of some of my new serama babies and the silkie hen who adopted them!
P3140338-1.jpg

Last edited:
can i just say something,.,,,
cant help myself,,,some of those look really small,,,,i usually start my smallest serama chicks on the same feed that they use for handfed birds, i get mine from pet store,,,
it is a powder you mix with warm water,,,,just incase you find you need a small feed,,,when these chicks go down hill they go fast,,,,
sorry if this is not your first serama hatch and i am blabbing on and on...lol
just thought i would add my knowledge without being asked,,,have fun with those,,,,cutest babies ever arent they,,,,

hey j.
i can bring them to you - unless you were going to be headed in my direction sometime this week? be nice if we could meet half-way but if not we can make the trip.
let me know what days work for you - you can email or pm me.
your chickies are doing great by the way. i cleaned, fed and watered everyone and they all look great!

oh, and in terms of statistics, for those who are interested in such things . . .
both jeffery and i asked for 12 eggs each from frank. frank, being the awesome dude he is included extras.
in the end jeffery had 9 eggs hatch and i had 8. that's a total of 17 chicks! i think that those are great numbers for serama. (statistically about half of all developing serama eggs hatch live.)
i was kicking myself after the hatch because i had one egg that was rolling all around and then didn't hatch. i candled it and saw the chick had pipped through the air pocket but not the egg! i quickly opened the egg but it was too late - the chick had suffocated. it was a perfect chick - a black little fuzz butt. so what i learned is that if an egg rolls around for a long time and then stops - i'm opening it!
i did have about five chicks all together that i ended up "helping" out. those little serama are just so small and the eggs are tiny and i think that many times they can't zip once they pip. again, it's obviously a personal judgement call - i don't recommend that people do anything they don't feel comfortable with.
anywhoo - thanks frank for the eggies! it was a fun hatch and the babies are tiny and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom