Hatching Shipped Eggs

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry if I came across rough, please don't apologize! There are alot of folks that dont know that there are breeds out there that are auto sexing beyond your basic sex link and I should have been more clear on my description of it.

I thought about breeding and raising my own sex links but to get the true leghorn rooster I needed was impossible in my area at the time and in all honesty, they arent "pretty " chickens, I like yard candy lol.. this is just one attempt to not only put a few chickens in my yard that are easy on the eyes but also fullfill a need my hatching customers want.

This is my major Leghorn male. He was Reserve champion at a show.
IMG_20170427_200333 - Copy.jpg

Day 10 was last night, candled and out of the 11 shipped eggs, two were non starters, two are questionable (left them in) and 7 look really good even with a detached/saddle aircell. Plan is to quit turning on day 16 and allow them to stay upright. I thought I might just cut out some egg cartons to hatch them in but read where if one pips the small end they wouldnt be able to hatch? thoughts? better ideas?

Back
Top Bottom