Hatching something other then poultry. 100% hatch rate though.

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
Found 6 "skink" eggs under some junk I was moving, stuck them in some sand in a container to hatch em just for fun and let em go later.

Well I checked the container lastnight and found all these!

They are Ringneck snakes
Supposely hard to raise in captivity but ive caught wild ones before and didnt have a problem getting them to eat with the right setup

32404_102_2067.jpg

32404_102_2043.jpg

32404_102_2053.jpg

32404_102_2057.jpg

As long as they eat these are definetly staying with me

Last edited:
I say set em FREEEEEE!!!!!!

Live and be happy in the great big world!! Run lil snakeys run!
wee.gif

how adorable! How did you get them to hatch? what was the warmth and humidity rate you used?! What is the "right setup" to get them to eat?

oh oh oh I love ringneck snakes. I've caught and played with them many times.

Ohhhhh I loooove them!!! I hope you don't mind, I'm going to post a couple pictures of the ringnecks I find in my back yard.

The first pic is the smallest I've found, which is still bigger than yours, but not by much. The next pic has 2 ring necks in with a redbelly and the 3rd is the redbelly in my hand so you can sort of compare the size between the 2nd and 3rd pics.

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
^ Ive been told they get around 16 inches but ive only seen em about 1 foot long and maybe pencil size thin or tiny bit more, All I did to hatch em was stick em in a shoebox size container with moist sand/muck and spritzed em with water every couple of days to keep moist dirt

for setup it was just a simple 10 gallon tank with some sand (one side of tank put moist sand) handful of leaves for hiding and a couple of container lids for hiding, and easiest way I found to feed em asides from other worms and stuff was get a glass ashtray (dip in the middle with high flat sides) and put a hole in the sand and set it in, makes a tiny glass pond for drinking for smaller ringnecks, and its just dip enough to add in 2-3 Guppies or small feeder fish, ringnecks go nuts over the fish

Oh they look lovely! I just adore snakes, but my mother is terrified of them, so I guess I'll have to wait a little while before I get any.......
roll.png

I don't know if they are related, but I have snakes that look similar to that, black to brown top, red belly, but I see three+ footers all the time, but they are quite docile, not like those Gardner snakes

Quote:
The one with brown down its back is a ringneck? Never seen one like that

I think that would be the redbelly...

Back
Top Bottom