Hatching store bought Happy Eggs blue and brown heritage breed

I was out shopping one day in March and saw these beautiful eggs on the store shelf. Remembering stories I’ve read of others hatching store bought ggs I decided to see if anything could come of these. View attachment 2614913View attachment 2614911

One egg was cracked and though I probably could have sealed it I decided to open it up and see if it was even fertilized. To my surprise it did look fertilized so I let the eggs rest to room temperature and put them in the incubator that night. I probably should have let the air cells rest more but I propped up the wiggly ones upright.View attachment 2614912

After a few days 3 of the eggs looked like they were actually developing. Two of those quit early but one kept on. It was also one of the ones with the worst detached air cells. So I kept it propped up and never turned it. Now it’s due to hatch tomorrow!!! I’m so nervous. I really hope it hatches. My last hatch was bad where only half of my fully developed chicks even pipped so I’m hoping I got the humidity issues worked out. This one is said to be a speckled legbar egg but I can’t find much about that breed and who knows what kind of rooster fertilized it. I’m still amazed that a chick was able to fully develop from store bought eggs. View attachment 2614916
Had no idea store bought eggs did that before chicken I use to buy their eggs from grocery store!!!! Espically because their refrigerated. Can not wait to watch:pop:pop:pop

Last edited:
Whatever 56 egg incubator yescom USA sells. It doesn't have a brand.

And no, hence having to figure out what's going wrong with it. There's no where to place any seperate parts in there
Which one?
Screenshot_20210414-103758_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210414-103807_Chrome.jpg

The White one with built in candlers is the same HHD model I have, but is also sold by YesCom.

Back
Top Bottom