Hatching Supermarket Eggs Test

Good luck! This is so much fun! I did this last summer only got one chick hatched out of six eggs, but now my girl is laying eggs and I just hatched her first daughter. Ended up being one of my favorite chickens!
She came from a medium brown egg fairly sure her mom was a sexlink and after many postings about her on BYC pretty sure her dad was a white leghorn.😊
I ended up adding 2 more white eggs so I've got 8 in there right now. 4 brown, 4 white. So I've got at least 8 chances for a chick 😂. Im glad to hear it at least works somewhat! What eggs did you use in your experiment (brand wise?).

I ended up adding 2 more white eggs so I've got 8 in there right now. 4 brown, 4 white. So I've got at least 8 chances for a chick 😂. Im glad to hear it at least works somewhat! What eggs did you use in your experiment (brand wise?).
I used eggs from a egg producer in Petaluma, California. They were marked as fertile. I believe Whole Foods Market sells them, though I bought mine from a local supermarket chain here in Hawaii. I emailed the company to ask what breeds they use, but they never responded.😊

Well someone at Egglands Best is a big liar 😂. Just made some lunch with eggs I had left over from the organic ones (non experiment eggs!) And 3 out of 4 had bullseyes. So there's definitely a rooster somewhere in there....🤔

Back
Top Bottom