Hatching Today!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RHewitt, Feb 22, 2009.

1. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 31 eggs in the incubator. Today at 1:00pm the first one pipped and currnetly at 10:00pm one has hatched and 5 more pipped. Will be a long night for sure but at least I am off top a good start. Wish me luck.

2. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I will wait with you! I had my first pip tonight about 4 hours ago and the 2nd pip about 2 hours ago... mine are a suprise mix, I have no idea what colors will hatch.. all mixed orpington/wyandottes or at least mixed color orpingtons...
    they'll probably all hatch black [​IMG] since I'm hoping for a color variety [​IMG]

I've only got 7 eggs this time and no zips yet, and I'm using the carton method

Good LUCK!! [​IMG]

3. RHewitt

Glad to know someone else is losing sleep. I have a RIR Rooster and few RIR hens so I will get a few pure breeds. The rest will be RIR Roo crossed with the following hens: Blk Australorp, SLW, White Rock and Partridge Rock. Should make a colorful batch of brown egg layers.

Good luck and keep me posted. Headed to bed, I have a baby girl about 3 mths old that will have me up a couple time tonight so I can check on my hatch after feeding the baby.

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Best of luck to you both!

5. DawnSuiter

5/7 pipped
    1/7 hatched he or she is running around frantically chirping. [​IMG]

Our first home eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RHewitt

Looks like your first time wil be a great one. I am sure the excited chick will have some company soon. I have seen it take 24 to 36 hours to hatch all chicks and some say it can take up to three days. The five zippers you have will be along in a few hours.

I now have 4 hatched 6 more with pips. I will rush home on my lunch hour to see the progress. I am feeling a little sick([​IMG] and could be forced to take the afternoon off.

Keep up the good work!

7. DawnSuiter

I hope your feeling better TOMORROW [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So far I have one Blue chick and he/she is a day early so I don't expect everyone else for a few more hours. A day early isn't great but so far it looks healthy & strong.

Can't wait for the lunch hour update. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
  8. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    Good luck, I've got a 43 egg stagger hatch starting this Friday...

9. DawnSuiter

5/7 pipped
    2/7 hatched

1 Blue
    1 Black

so far they look like orpington chicks..... my blue roo over black hens...

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Good luck ya'll.

I've got 7/17 that pipped overnight, so good hatching vibes to all of us. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by