Hatching turkey chicks

Jgohl92

Hatching
May 15, 2022
Hello I have 2 momma turkeys that sat on a nest together. They have hatched 4 babies and abandoned their nest walking around d with their new hatched babies. I checked their nest and the other eggs have piped and are almost all the way hatched. Should I just leave them alone and let them do their thing even tho the hens have left them? Will they still hatch and survive or should I move them inside and undera heat lamp till they hatch and then try to reintroduce them to the hens? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

It largely depends on your ambient temperature and if the eggs were all started at the same time. Did they both start sitting the same day and do you have other hens that continued to lay?
If the temperature isn't in the 90s F and the hens don't return to the nest soon, you should incubate the eggs yourself.

It largely depends on your ambient temperature and if the eggs were all started at the same time. Did they both start sitting the same day and do you have other hens that continued to lay?
If the temperature isn't in the 90s F and the hens don't return to the nest soon, you should incubate the eggs yourself.
Both hens did start to sit on the same day. I have 1 hen that is sitting on her own clutch but she just started so I'm scared if I put these under her she will abandon her nest. It is only maybe 70degrees here right now. We just had a rain storm.

The embryos won't survive 70s.
Can you make a homemade incubator. It doesn't have to be perfect when they are only a day or two from hatching.
You just need a container with higher humidity and temp in the high 90s.

Back
Top Bottom