1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching Turkey Eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Engteacher, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    Do any of you have experience hatching turkey eggs? How is it different other than the number of days in the incubator? If one wants to get a small flock of Midget Whites next spring, will that be hard to find? I'm in MN, so I can't order chicks from out state. I assume I can buy hatching eggs from out state, but I'll have to check on this.

Stromberg has MW on their list, but I'd rather go through a BYC member breeder.

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Turkey Eggs take 28 days instead of 21. It is best to have humidity in the upper end of the range for them. Other than that the hatching is the same.

3. chicken228

chicken228 New Egg

Nov 29, 2009
    Turkey eggs take an average of 28 days to hatch fully in an incubater or under a hen:)

4. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    I also live in southern MN. We have a mixed flock of royal palms and blue slates mainly. Lost count of how many turkeys I've hatched in the last few years. I seem to have no problem getting them to hatch. I just throw them in with the chicken eggs. They take a week longer and I usually brood them separate at first since they need more heat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by