Hatching using Brinsea incubators mini 2 ex and Maxi 2 advance ...help ,me out

justjohn321

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2020
america
Newbie here ... looking to eventually have 15 chooks 3 different breeds.

Mini started with 6 crested legbar eggs on 18th (blue eggs)
maxi started with 6 silver dorking eggs on 20th (white eggs)

1 of the legbar eggs had a blood ring so was removed. 2 of the remaining eggs have some veins when i candle them. Temp on incubator has been double checked using a glass thermometer (it is correct 37.6c) Humidity set at 50% (not checked, mini has digital humidity controls)

Dorking eggs dark patch in all eggs. no veins. Double checked temp today 36.7c (unable to check humidity, manufacturers instructions followed half center compartment filled with water) . This unit was set at 37.6c using onboard setting. i have put it upto 38c and will cover it. in an attempt to get temp up.

Anyone any idea how the dorking eggs will cope at low temp?

How many thermometers did you use to check the temperature? I've used various Brinsea incubators for quite some time and found that they are very good at holding temp. Mine usually only fluctuate + or - 0.1c. Whenever I do check that they are accurate I use 3 calibrated thermometers to get an accurate reading.

i used 1 thermometer. i assume it is accurate as the mini 2 is correct with the glass thermometer. The same thermometer in the maxi is nearly -1c out.

Temp of the room/house is between 19-21c.

i used 1 thermometer. i assume it is accurate as the mini 2 is correct with the glass thermometer. The same thermometer in the maxi is nearly -1c out.

Temp of the room/house is between 19-21c.
When you increased the temp did you check again with the thermometer?

the incubator seems to have aprox a .5c difference in the center and the edge of the incubator.

if you press all 3 buttons you get a calibration menu. i have calibrated using the average temp.

Back
Top Bottom