Hatching winter chicks.

Pics
I've had lights on most winter but no eggs. They are getting a break from lights so my last remaining two chicken hens can get a break
I shut the lights on the turkeys and ducks off last week.... I am well on my way to being over-run with turkeys, I can't seem to talk myself out of hatching those beautiful eggs.....

Send them to me lol
With any luck we will have up to 16 more turkeys hatch this weekend and another batch the following weekend, and the following. still deciding if I will be setting more for the 1st of march...... I did make a deal with my feed store to offer week old turkeys the first week of march with their chicks. Super excited about that, and I have a couple more folks wanting turkeys so I think it will turn out ok. But please by all means come on over and get a few.... lol

With any luck we will have up to 16 more turkeys hatch this weekend and another batch the following weekend, and the following. still deciding if I will be setting more for the 1st of march...... I did make a deal with my feed store to offer week old turkeys the first week of march with their chicks. Super excited about that, and I have a couple more folks wanting turkeys so I think it will turn out ok. But please by all means come on over and get a few.... lol
Lol I wish... used to live in Colorado. Dont anymore

Spending time in 9°f weather with the 1 and 2 week old chicks. The lights are down lower than usual cause of the cold. Garage is only 10° warmer than the outside. Husband won't let me bring them in :(
20190130_202425.jpg
20190130_202436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom