Hate building this coop!

My wife told me the other day that it will take 300 dozen of eggs for the payback! I told the girls BETTER START LAYING - OR ELSE!!!
wink.png

I found the level and the miter saw to be my best friends in building my little coop. Now I really wish I had built it bigger. Mine is only 4 X 8 and only 4 feet tall inside. Its up 2 feet off the ground, so its fine because I can reach in and get to all the corners without actually climbing in. My run is much larger -20 X 10, and the chickens only sleep in the coop, so we are fine, but I saw another coop the other day and now have coop-envy! I am already watching for scrap materials to hoard so I can build a bigger one!

When is the fun going to start? You mean it isn't fun when the jigsaw somehow comes loose and starts tilting on the bottom and bends your blades? Grrrrrrrr. Can you tell you're not alone this week?

Seriously, every time I start a project like this I say "NEVER AGAIN!!!" and then the next Springtime comes. There's always another project. Just give it time. It will get done. And then give it more time. You will forget how frustrated you were. And then you'll do it again. Fun? Yep, fun!

I've already picked out next year's project. Tree house!
lol.png

Thank you all for the words of encouragement! I am now down to making doors for the run which I thought was going to be easy but I'm struggling with, even asked the wife for help. Have tried numerous times to post pics and even watched the video but it doesn't work with a MAC or I still don't know what I'm doing which is a good possibility. I have taught the neighbor kids how to paint.

Heckel's Hens :

I was just thinking today how the chicken chores have decreased dramatically finally. No more babies, no more hatching, no more coop building and planning and working/reworking my setup to perfection. It just works now and I love it!

It will happen!

I too, can't wait for the new normal!​

So feel your pain!

My dh asked me the other day "You know that "chicken site" you are on all the time?" I answered "yeah, what about it?" He said "How many couples admitted they got divorced after building a chicken coop together?"

We need pictures! Click on the uploads tab at the top of this page. Load your pictures. Then, copy the links to your pictures into your post.
pop.gif

Most importantly, don't feel badly that it took so long to figure out how to upload pictures. I am an IT Consultant yet found the process frustrating.
he.gif

I have not yet decided whether to build or buy. Gonna build that doghouse first to determine my love for these types of projects.
hugs.gif

Check in the "oh, Crap section at the lumber yard, hopefully they still carry angle changers and board stretchers, if they're not sold out. Just funnin' ya

Nice coop but I half expect the chickens to come out in color coordinated chicken diapers
lau.gif

Oh, I just love seeing what total coop newbies have done. It gives me so much hope. I doubt my hubby will be giving me much help, mostly due to shoulder and back problems, and I'd like to boast that I did it myself anyway. Now I know I can. I think I'll get a tetanus shot first, though. :lol:Those freebies sometimes come with a painful price around this farmstead. And btw...I LOVE the pink coop and even it's wonkiness. I think you should be proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom