Have a question about my polsih

chickenkeeper13

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Hello,
I have a Polish white crested bantam that is roughly 8- 9 months old and she hasnt rlly grown since i bought her and when she is put out to free range she never stays with flock, nor does she even move from the spot i place her on the ground from. Is this normal for a polish? I have 2 more hens and a roo coming from my pet chicken tomorrow morning. Any advice is useful at this point \
Thanks , ChickenKeeper13

Do you think she can see? Sometimes the fancy-hair-do birds have issues because they can't see around their feathers. Perhaps see is a little hair cut helps.

How old was she when you got her? Does she look under weight? Is she going to bed with a full crop every night?

Hello,
I have a Polish white crested bantam that is roughly 8- 9 months old and she hasnt rlly grown since i bought her and when she is put out to free range she never stays with flock, nor does she even move from the spot i place her on the ground from. Is this normal for a polish? I have 2 more hens and a roo coming from my pet chicken tomorrow morning. Any advice is useful at this point \
Thanks , ChickenKeeper13
My two cents is that because of her top hat, she can not see as well as the others, so she can not tell if you're going to be picking her back up again or not when you put her down.

Hello
I got her when she was roughly 4-5 months old and she hasnt grown. And no, I rarely see her with a crop even at all. She is the only chicken with this problem in my coop. Hoever, she is currently broody with a baby duckling and has been eating and drinking alot more. I think I will give her a haircut as soon as I can as she does find it hard I think sometimes to see. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom