Have crossed the line...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rachel'sFlock, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

My girl(s) have been laying for 4 days. This morning I woke from a terrible dream in which I had slept in, gathered eggs late, found soft shelled eggs (the size of ostrich eggs!) , and my chooks eating them, thus having become, the dreaded, "Egg Eaters".
    To say that I am chicken-obsessed is rather an understatement, at this point.
    Do others fret over their chooks in their dreams???
    Just had to ask, and know I will be accepted here, for my imbalance.

Bright Blessings

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Yes Rachel you are normal, I obsess over my flock and dream stange things about them. I dreamed my goose was in my husbands recliner with slippers on and a pipe in his mouth, wow what a sight. We're all in the same boat and noone understands us unless they have chooks too! lol

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG] Did you wake up in the coup?? If the answer is no... then you just "touched" the line... your okay... [​IMG]

4. Rachel'sFlock

MissLydia, that is fantastic! I may never get that image out of my head! Love it!
    No, geebs, I woke up in bed (window open, 30 feet from coop door. I swear I am listening for them, in my sleep). So, I guess, I am ok.
    Thanks to you both [​IMG]

Brightest Blessings

5. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    I built my coop so I could hear my girls in the morning! No roosters, but the happy clucking and egg laying songs are welcome.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Haven't we all crossed that line? That's why we are here... moral support from fellow patients....

7. mrsmaonaigh

mrsmaonaigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    SE Georgia
    I was woken up suddenly this morning and found myself mumbling about need to get the chickens in. Yeah. I know I've got a problem too. When we went to bed last night I started to say something and my husband cut in and said if this has to do with chickens, can it wait until the morning? LOL So yes, I understand and am glad that there are others out there like me who can't get enough of chickens.

And I've been drooling over pictures of silver laced polish chickens for the last two days. I need to have one or 12. I will have some one day!

8. Rachel'sFlock

in my case, ruby, it just worked out that my room was that close to the coop. But now I am so grateful it did! I can hear them if there is something scary out there( they are just on the edge of our forest)...or for any of 200 other reasons they choose to carry on. Lately, they have been uber loud, I imagine, in celebration of the sudden arrival of little brown eggs!

Brightest Blessings

9. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I know how you feel but why doesn't dh love the chicks like I do? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by