Have guinea eggs in SW MO, need testers, will ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by damselfish, Apr 12, 2009.

1. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    We are getting five or six guinea eggs a day and I would like to have someone or a couple of people test-incubate some. They should be fertile, they have the bulls-eye. These are eggs from basic pearl guineas bought from Estes Hatchery, about 8 months old. Parents are our 14 daytime free-rangers who miraculously have chosen to lay in their coop and the chicken coop instead of in a bush somewhere (so I can guarantee that the eggs are new).

If you were willing to pay for shipping, I would send a two or three people a half-dozen or so. If you guys have a good hatch I can be more comfortable selling them as "hatching eggs" in the future.

We are eating them as fast as we can, but can't keep up. Any takers? Please help me & my DH...we ate 10 guinea eggs, scrambled, for breakfast this morning.

I have never shipped eggs or gotten paid over the internet before (though we do have a PayPal account), this is going to be all new to me.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    sent PM ;o}

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I'll test some for you.

Sending PM

Laurie

4. BigByrd24

BigByrd24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    S.E. Kansas
    I will test for you!!! [​IMG]

5. damselfish

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    OK, I have three testers. I've sent all of you guys a PM. Thanks for quick responses!

6. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    If one of the other 3 can't do it I would like to. I just got 8 a week and a half ago but none were fertile.

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    If test goes well cuz I missed out I would love to buy some!

8. lawnboy57

lawnboy57 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    I know this is old...but new too me! Still need testers? Over run with ticks and are longing to hear the sound of guineas. Have paypal account. If still in need let me know what shipping will be and I 'd love to do it![​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  9. shovel

shovel New Egg

May 3, 2009
    Email Sent.

10. damselfish

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Thanks to all who have replied and are still emailing, but I have no more right now and about 10 people on the waiting list.

I will post again if I have some. Previous inquiries get first rights and will be PMed in the order originally received.

Right now, the guineas are declining to cooperate, so we'll see.

Thanks for all your interest!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by