Have I hurt my Silkie hen?

Can you post some photos?
Does she still have any exposed tissue still hanging out? Like a prolapse?

Can you tell if she pooped overnight?
I don't know how to post pictures and yes there is some prolapsed still out and it looks like she may have pooped I cleaned it off and I'm going to put some ointment on it and put her in a small cage

I would try cleaning it up, apply some plain neosporing to the prolapse, and try to push the prolapse back inside. Then hold it for a few minutes, and let her rest. Honey or Hemorrhoid cream applied to the vent tissue can help the swelling go down, so that it can be pushed inside. This may need to be repeated a few times for the next day or so until it stays. Here is some reading and. 2 videos about vent prolapse:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/prolapse-vent-causes-treatment-graphic/

:bow Thank you Eggcessive for the video/ino on Prolapse & Wyorp Rock for your helping with posting pics. :hugs

Pam Smith/OP - :hugs You've been given good advice & information. Is she eating/drinking? Maybe it would be best to remove her from the flock so they don't go pecking/picking on her. You could put her in a wire cage in the coop with the rest, that way she has their company & no integration later.

Back
Top Bottom