Have to stake out my coop

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
I got a little pullet egg today meaning I have three girls laying...finally! However, it was a pure white egg! So now I have to figure out who laid it since I didn't think I had any white egg layers. It is either my EE (who I know could easily be the culprit), or my BR who I have always thought must be a mix of some kind. Her barring is very blurred and even non-existent on some of her wing feathers, they are just a shade of grey. Her earlobes are neither white nor red, but flesh-colored. So... guess I'm going to have to sit out in the heat for a while tomorrow and try to figure out who done it!

Here is Luna the EE:
DSCF0026-1.jpg

Ginny the kind-of barred rock:
DSCF0030.jpg

Just had to say "hi" I have a cat named Luna - hence my username, and my real name is Ginny.
smile.png
Both your girls are very cute.
smile.png

I never read the Harry Potter books.
lol.png
But my kid coulda told me about the connection!

I hope you find out who did the egg Potterwatch. It can be a fun mystery.

Last edited:
It was definitely solid white. I'm hoping to find out today, but it's a bit hot to sit out there all morning and watch. Ginny kept trying to get into the box when Hermione was in it earlier, so my bet is she is the white-layer.

Of course, if Luna is the culprit, that just gives me reason to get more EE chicks so that I can have green eggs... hmmmm.

Well, no white egg today. Nothing from that coop other than the normal egg we get every day from Hermione. I'll probably get another white one tomorrow when I'm not home to catch 'em in the act
roll.png

Well, I am 95% sure that Ginny (the BR mix) is the white egg layer. She was in the nest box all morning off and on. When I went out the last time, there was a warm white egg in the box where she had been sitting about 20mins before. I wonder what she is mixed with...?

Back
Top Bottom