1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you ever had an aggresive roo?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by M To The Maxx, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I have never had an aggressive roo. What about you?

2. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    My Welsummer was nasty, and my silkies are aggressive when they want to be.... usually they are shy or calm though...

3. melody123

melody123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Oregon
    All of my current roosters are nice right now. But I have had a few in the past that were not. The first that comes to mind is my 'kick me' banty rooster. He would run after be and attack me again, and again, and again. Each time I would kick him away and he would just keep coming. I eventually had to sell him because I didn't want him to attack one of my fruitstand customers.

I also remember an evil rooster as a child that would attack people. But the rule was that anything that attacked my Mom died. So he became chicken dinner.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    The dominant roo I have right now is eviiillllll. I think he may be possessed. My guineas used to beat him up, and I think that made him mean. He hates everybody!!

5. journey's end

journey's end Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Prince Edward Island
    I have a roo, mix of something, that is very aggressive to my 4 year old son. I've kicked him away many times. I have a feeling he'll be on the chopping block soon.

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

My Delaware Blue Hen roo will attack you any chance he gets! BUT he sure is pretty to look at, just don't turn your back or take your eyes off him!

7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Idk whats going on...but I can't vote....

8. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Over the last 7 years I have had several standard Roosters that went mean as they grew up. Most just didn't like me picking up their ladies. Once a rooster goes mean he gets cooked(litalary).

Matt

9. Miss Sebright

Miss Sebright Little Hen.....Big Attitude!

Apr 3, 2009
    In a nutshell
    Yes, I became affrad of entering the coop to get eggs. If I even came close he would run at the fence and bounce off untill you left. We got rid of him.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yes... I had a white crested blue polish that I had to rehome... He was so pretty, I felt badly we couldn't keep him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by