Have you heard of (A Salatin alternative)

Quote:
Very nice.Thanks.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

Ditto

Just to follow up...

I received my ACRES USA mag yesterday and checked out the article. It is a very good one. At the end it mentions the churt creator's website:

http://www.polloreal.com/Welcome.html

We sometimes vacation in Santa Fe, so maybe we will set up a working vacation so we can do a bit of agritourism. Wonder if he does inservices??

I don't know a rebar churt would work for me, since I'm clueless about welding, but I may be able to use the idea to modify my tractor roof using cattle or hog panels.

I emailed him and asked if he would be willing to share his plans. He did not, but he did say that it takes 2 people to move them unless you put wheels on it. Sounds very heavy, which is helpful if you have a lot of wind, like I do. I was curious as to why he thinks the rounded corners are better, but I forgot to ask.
idunno.gif

I opted for a lighter version and will have to stake it down.

Quote:
One of the articles said something about the oval shape mimicking the natural flocking behavior of birds.

Quote:
One of the articles said something about the oval shape mimicking the natural flocking behavior of birds.

It also keeps the birds from bunching in the corners which makes them susceptible to crushing and predators.

Back
Top Bottom