Haven't introduced myself yet....

MarkJP

Songster
Mar 29, 2018
Connecticut
Hello, my name is Mark and my wife and I are new to raising chickens. We started last spring with 6 chicks. We live in north central Connecticut.

We have two of each of the following breeds- Black Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, and Light Brahmas.

We enjoy feeding them and watching their antics. They bring us a lot of joy and entertainment! My wife is quilter and I’m an artist, fly fisher, and RC airplane builder and flyer. We are both recently retired and live on a farm which we rent to two nearby farmers who raise feed corn and hay for cattle.

We have a cat named Jack. He’s a rescue cat and we love him very much.

I can’t quite remember how I found out about BYC, probably from researching info about chickens on the net and saw that there was a great deal of information to be gleaned for everyone here.

Hello, my name is Mark and my wife and I are new to raising chickens. We started last spring with 6 chicks. We live in north central Connecticut.

We have two of each of the following breeds- Black Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, and Light Brahmas.

We enjoy feeding them and watching their antics. They bring us a lot of joy and entertainment! My wife is quilter and I’m an artist, fly fisher, and RC airplane builder and flyer. We are both recently retired and live on a farm which we rent to two nearby farmers who raise feed corn and hay for cattle.

We have a cat named Jack. He’s a rescue cat and we love him very much.

I can’t quite remember how I found out about BYC, probably from researching info about chickens on the net and saw that there was a great deal of information to be gleaned for everyone here.
Thank everyone for the welcome!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Mark! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Do the farmers ever lend you some hay for your chickens? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

smiley welcome 2.gif

Hi Mark, it's nice to have you here with us! If you'd like to 'meet' other members in Connecticut, you can find your state thread with this link:
Conneticut

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Mark! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Do the farmers ever lend you some hay for your chickens? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
Well, I suppose we could use hay, but the cut is a bit long, so we've been purchasing chopped straw at Tractor Supply.

Back
Top Bottom