1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Having a hard time....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RightFromtheStartDoula, Apr 22, 2009.

1. RightFromtheStartDoula

RightFromtheStartDoula Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Wallkill
    Hello all...here we are at day 10!!...YEA!!...

I am having trouble understanding what I am looking at when we candle..

In most of my eggs I see the emybro and I can see them move...but on others it looks as if most of the egg is filled up with something..I can't really describe it...All but 2 of my eggs are brown and hard to see in anyway...and I am sure that the home mae cnadler I have itsn't the best...

Do you often leave in eggs that you don;t think have anything in them until the end....I would hate to take out 1 of the ones that looks full and open it only to find a chick in it...[​IMG]

Also in 1 of them I see the eye and the contour but its not moving...does that mean its dead?....Will something like that get bad and explode?

Again thanks for all your help!!...

2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    As long as there is no smell I usually leave them in, if any are bad you will have no problem finding it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by