Having a heart attack....

jessiduck

Songster
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
New York
Just as I had begun to relax and was making myself a nice,warm cup of Lemon Honey Tea; I took a look out of my kitchen window to admire the beautiful sunset.
I look to the right and I see the beautiful song birds singing "Goodnight" to each other, I look to my left and I see a gigantic white mass creeping very slowly.

Immediately perplexed and alarmed, my first reaction was run.
So I ran bare foot through the den, jumped out the sliding door, flew down the six deck steps, darted and through the garden.
This was personal. It was a 20 pounder cat lookin' for my babies ! A cat that size could've easily wiped out my entire flock.
(It was 7:45pm and thank God I have my ducks on a 6:00pm go-inside-now schedule! )
I clapped and shouted at the ugly creature, "GET OUT OF MY YARD!!!!" (The neighbors must've heard this.)
The ducks wouldn't have seen what was coming if they had been out in their run! The thought of this makes me shiver.
I swear- I will shoot that cat if it comes back.
Tomorrow morning the first thing I will be doing is covering the run with chicken wire.
In the afternoon, an order on TSC will be placed for an 115volt electric fence charger.

This has been one heck of a night.... I am extremely tempted to pitch a tent out there next to my babies!
Please pray for me!

Just as I had begun to relax and was making myself a nice,warm cup of Lemon Honey Tea; I took a look out of my kitchen window to admire the beautiful sunset.
I look to the right and I see the beautiful song birds singing "Goodnight" to each other, I look to my left and I see a gigantic white mass creeping very slowly.

Immediately perplexed and alarmed, my first reaction was run.
So I ran bare foot through the den, jumped out the sliding door, flew down the six deck steps, darted and through the garden.
This was personal. It was a 20 pounder cat lookin' for my babies ! A cat that size could've easily wiped out my entire flock.
(It was 7:45pm and thank God I have my ducks on a 6:00pm go-inside-now schedule! )
I clapped and shouted at the ugly creature, "GET OUT OF MY YARD!!!!" (The neighbors must've heard this.)
The ducks wouldn't have seen what was coming if they had been out in their run! The thought of this makes me shiver.
I swear- I will shoot that cat if it comes back.
Tomorrow morning the first thing I will be doing is covering the run with chicken wire.
In the afternoon, an order on TSC will be placed for an 115volt electric fence charger.

This has been one heck of a night.... I am extremely tempted to pitch a tent out there next to my babies!
Please pray for me!
Gosh Jessi that had to be scary. If they are locked in tight then relax and have your tea and tomorrow like you said make everything more secure. I don't think I'd want to mess with you as mama duck, hopefully that cat is long gone.
wink.png

Last edited:
It is a tremendous responsibility to anticipate and provide for security against the seemingly thousands of things that could harm our ducks. I pray for all of your safety, and that you will soon have a system that works well for their well-being and your peace of mind.

hugs.gif

Thanks everyone for the laughs and comfort!!!
I'm going to try to relax and sleep calmly tonight since, after all, they're in their house locked up.
Thanks for the prayers-you're all really special<3<3<3<3!

Get yourself a watergun.. no I am not kidding most cats hate water.. Around here my farm cat will get any rogue cat off of here.. he does nothing to the ducks.. but i have adults not young(well the young have mums and i doubt a cat wants to take on one of them!
smack.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom