Having progressive pictures to help ID chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the best things I've read all day. It would be so much easier looking at pics and then back at one's own rather than trying to get pics of ALL of one's own chicks..... When there are many of 1 breed that are the same in color it's SO hard to tell them apart & so for a picture & other to "identify" who is who & what is what they have to be looking at a group shot. This is nearly impossible to get. LOL I know because I'm about to try to post a pic (or 2) of 6 buff Orpingtons & it's been like a 3 day project! I took separate pics of them the other day & seriously I think I've got like the same chicks in many pics & none of some others. LOL & who could tell unless they're all together in a pic? The 1 guy I think is the roo I have is the only one really that is sort of different from the rest. It's been kind of fun trying to get the pics but not very productive. LOL Great idea & actually if there is a person who has a picture of a particular breed that shows them looking a bit "different" then maybe they should be put together? So a light colored Buff Orpington could be put next to a darker color.... ?

Mom2Cool wrote:
So a light colored Buff Orpington could be put next to a darker color.... ?

We'd love to do that and plan to do so. At first we are going to try to just get at least one picture of each breed up and going, then we can add variations like that.​

laura - that's fantastic! Thank you so much. I'm here to help as I can, I only have one computer right now that can work with pictures and that's my husbands (which he usually has with him for work), but when it's here I can help do something.

I'm hoping to go through contest threads this weekend and see what pictures are there and ask people if we can use them.

Man o Man you work fast!!!

If you have the time are you up for filling in some of the info on the pages?

Let me work on some photos stuff and I'll get back to you on the best way for us to get the photos we have into the pages you built!

Kendra

Hello I got White Rocks, Australorp, Barred Rock, RIR, Black Sex link And Silver laced wyndotte maybe they are only 2 weeks old i can try to start taken pics of them do you need any of the breeds i have? I have a few more 1 week old pics but not sure if there good to use i have 1 chick i think is a Buff Orp its a 1 week shot if you think you can id it i will put it on here

here is what i have for you
Australorp 1 week just out of the mail
Picture0085.jpg

RIR 1 week just out of the mail
rustyray.jpg

mamato3 - please take pictures for us and post them. If we need them, we'd love to have them to use. Sometimes we may have a picture but someone submits one that's actually a better view and we will switch them out.

Ok so do i just put them on photo bucket or do i send them to someone? Sorry i kindof skip thru all the pages so im not sure what to do with them

I think this is a Slw its got a rosecomb if you can id it you can use it

slw.jpg

This next ones are of my 2 week old white rocks
whiterock2.jpg

whiterrock1.jpg

wr3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom