Having trouble trying to I.D and Sex my 15 quail

LunaSunflower

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2020
Please and thank you in advance!

I will save everyone the craziness of posting 15 photos lol

But I have gotten quail and was told at least 4 of the 15 are females I have been going crazy trying to sex them.

If they are the normal coturnix quail then the females breast should be heavily spotted while the males are more rust color n no spots

If your just going by feathers their are no females (to me)

If you do vent sexing and the white foam comes out I have found 5 makes making 10 females

But here's the kicker even the ones no substance has come out I have seen crow

And some of the quails head feathers are being picked away. Now I have all ready removed the 5 males to begin with and have been removing the I thought females opps well now it crowed!! Out at as well as we see them

But the rest all still look the same !

I want to have a safe and happy flock and keep them separate.

Just not sure what else to do

The photos of the quail inside side our all the same quail

And the photo of the quail out side I'm holding is one of the quail I pulled out of the coup of girls they all look the same

Attachments

• 20200203_080510.jpg
    20200203_080510.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200206_092111.jpg
    20200206_092111.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200203_080457.jpg
    20200203_080457.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200203_080509.jpg
    20200203_080509.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 14
We might be able to get a better idea if you could give us a closeup of the breasts. The second photo (the one you're holding) looks like a boy to me. He has all that red and no speckles.

If it crows, you can be sure it's a boy. Some colour varieties aren't feather sexable.

We might be able to get a better idea if you could give us a closeup of the breasts. The second photo (the one you're holding) looks like a boy to me. He has all that red and no speckles.

If it crows, you can be sure it's a boy. Some colour varieties aren't feather sexable.

I will try to take more photos tomorrow, I was told they where coturnix quail but I also read that they are easily mistaken for common quail and you can sex the common quail like coturnix.

I could have read miss information.

All the quail I have do look exactly the same so I'm assuming they are all the same type.

I can't find any with breast speckles.

I will try to take more photos tomorrow, I was told they where coturnix quail but I also read that they are easily mistaken for common quail and you can sex the common quail like coturnix.

I could have read miss information.

All the quail I have do look exactly the same so I'm assuming they are all the same type.

I can't find any with breast speckles.
You might have all males...which will not be good.
Can you take a video of them and upload it to YouTube?

You might have all males...which will not be good.
Can you take a video of them and upload it to YouTube?

They are all male but one female had some one I.D them for me who's mom and dad had a quail farm among other animals.

I have taken out the one female gave her her own home and for the males I have divided them in 2 groups and gave them their own homes that's the best we can do for now.

Not sure what we are going to do with all these males.

Back
Top Bottom