Having your brooders in the house

A while back someone posted a thread about using furnace filters over the top of the brooder to reduce dust. If you have an enclosed brooder, like a rubbermaid tub it might be worth a try. If you get 2 sets you can alternate and clean them daily. I haven't tried this personally, but it sure sounds like a great idea.

Yep - the wood pellets help a lot with keeping the dust down, doesn't get in the feed or water as much, obsorbs the poo within a couple minutes, and keeps the brooder from smelling so much.

I'm brooding my 3 wk old banties out in the garage. My ten standard chicks were brooded in the house and then the enclosed sunroom in pine shavings. Man was that DUSTY.

Even though they were in the sunroom, the dust has a way of making it in the house.

Good luck with your fast growing little ones.

Ol'Biddy :

A while back someone posted a thread about using furnace filters over the top of the brooder to reduce dust.

This is an excellent idea!!! I have chicks coming in a couple of weeks and I noticed 2 unused furnace filters in my closet the other day!
big_smile.png
I'm also going to check into the pine pellets.​

Back
Top Bottom